Wilcom’s EmbroideryStudio operating system compatibility (‘#’ = exceptions)
It is recommended to have the latest updates and service packs for your respective installed Operating System.
Windows 11 (64-bit)
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Windows 10 (32-bit)
Windows 8.1 (32 and 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)
Windows Vista (32-bit)
Windows XP (32-bit)
|EmbroideryStudio e4.5 Designing & Decorating||Yes (#1)||Yes (#2)||No||No||No||No||No|
|EmbroideryStudio e4 Designing & Decorating||No||Yes (#2)||Yes (#2)||No||No||No||No|
|EmbroideryStudio e3 | DecoStudio e3 | Design Workflow e3||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|EmbroideryStudio e2 | DecoStudio e2 | Design Workflow e2||No||No||No||Yes (#3)||Yes||Yes||Yes XP SP3|
|EmbroideryStudio e1.5 | DecoStudio e1.5 | Design Workflow e1.5||No||No||No||No||Yes (#4)||Yes||Yes XP SP3|
|DecoStudio e1||No||No||No||No||Yes (#4)||Yes||Yes XP SP2 or Higher|
|ES Designer 2006 | Design Workflow 2006||No||No||No||No||No||Yes Vista Update (#5)||Yes XP SP2 or Higher (#6)|
#1: Windows 11:
- No known issues with EmbroideryStudio e4.5.2 or higher. Using EmbroideryStudio versions older than e4.5.2 is not recommended or supported for Windows 11.
#2: Windows 10:
- EmbroideryStudio e4 is only supported on Windows 10.
- Windows 10 32-bit is only supported up to EmbroideryStudio e4.1. Wilcom recommends moving to Windows 10 64-bit to continue enjoying the latest EmbroideryStudio e4 updates, which include the latest bug fixes and new features.
- EmbroideryStudio e4.2, e4.5, and higher are 64-bit applications. Windows 10 64-bit is only supported.
#3: Windows 8.1:
- An updated Dongle driver V6.51 or a later version must be installed before installing EmbroideryStudio e2 / DecoStudio e2, the updated dongle driver can be obtained from the Download Center page.
#4: Windows 7:
- An updated Dongle driver V5.75 or a later version must be installed before installing EmbroideryStudio e1.5 / DecoStudio e1.5, the updated dongle driver can be obtained from the Download Center page.
#5: Windows Vista:
- You need to install Service Pack 4 or later. The “Vista Update” patch was released before SP4.
#6: Windows 2000 and Windows XP:
- Melco disk format is not supported under NT, 2000, WinXP, or later.
Users of 64-bit Operating Systems please note:
- ES 2006 (with Service Pack 4 Revision 2) and above will run on 64-bit operating systems such as Windows XP x64 and Windows Vista 64-bit as these operating systems can still run 32-bit applications natively.
- Note that some Windows Server x64 operating systems running on 64-bit CPUs are not able to run 32-bit applications like Wilcom ES 2006 without hardware emulation. For full compatibility with Windows Vista, ES Designer 2006 with Vista Update or Service Pack 4 or higher is needed.
MacOS / Apple Computers: There is currently no ES Designer version that can run under the MAC OS but if you have an Intel-based MAC, you can run Boot camp. Simply install ES/DS under your Windows partition.
Non-DOS embroidery disks: Since the embroidery industry was one of the first to make use of computers and before DOS was the accepted disk format, there are many ‘non-DOS’ formats still used within the embroidery industry. These non-DOS embroidery formats e.g. Barudan FDR, Melco, format the floppy disk differently and cannot be read as ‘DOS-formatted’ disks. Most PC’s can no longer read these formats.